Now open in the heart of NE Minneapolis’ Art District, Hook & Ladder Apartments are Minnesota’s first affordable apartment homes, where one of its two buildings is the first of its kind in this climate zone built to Passive House Certification standards.
That means they were constructed with green building materials, require less energy to heat and cool, and provide excellent indoor air quality.
Northeast’s New Landmark
- Below market rate rents range from $1,081 for a 1 bedroom* to $1,490 for a 1,105 square-foot 3 bedroom*‡.
- Enjoy local restaurants, breweries, entertainment and a vibrant arts community.
- Wonderful, in-demand neighborhood features numerous parks and green spaces.
* Household income limits apply. Apartments are not currently available. Sign up to our wait list to be notified of any openings.
Be part of Northeast Minneapolis’ vibrant community
- Security system with 110 cameras
- Full-time maintenance supervisor
- Full-time community manager and live-in staff assistant
- A maker space encourages artistic expression
- A fitness center, a community room, and an outdoor courtyard with playground
Heat is paid by the building owner, residents are only responsible for electric utilities
- Free underground or covered parking
- Bike storage
- Gardening plots
- On-site dog run
Discover your neighborhood
- Strong diverse community
- Local distilleries and breweries
- Active arts community
- Walkable neighborhoods
- Easy access to public transportation
- Urban location
- Nearby parks
Built to Passive House Certification standards, Hook & Ladder Apartments require less energy to heat and cool, and airtight construction and superior insulation provide unsurpassed comfort.
Continuous balanced moisture- and heat-recovery mechanical ventilation prevents moisture problems and ensures fresh filtered air for excellent indoor air quality.
Performance tests will regularly compare energy usage in both buildings in a unique, side-by-side test of nearly identical structures built to two different standards:
- Built to meet all current building codes.
- Standard energy efficiency windows and doors.
- Secure parking and bike storage.
- Beautiful building has 1BR, 2BR and 3BR apartment homes.
The first multi-family building of its kind in this climate zone built to Passive House Certification standards
- Reduced heating and cooling costs.
- Reduced carbon emissions.
- Energy efficient windows and doors.
- Sophisticated ventilation system.
The extremely airtight building envelope and high performance double or triple pane windows and doors prevent loss of conditioned air and infiltration of outside air for maximum comfort.
Harness solar heat gain during the heating season, while minimizing solar heat gain during the cooling season.
EXTREMELY ENERGY EFFICIENT
- Super insulation and airtight construction minimize drafts for optimal comfort.
- Continuous mechanical ventilation ensures fresh filtered air.
- Solar heat gain is maximized during the heating season and minimized during the cooling season.